August 10, 2010

When is the best time to declutter?


This summer has been my time to have fun. Decluttering and simple living has taken a bit of a back seat while I enjoy the beautiful summer sun, hiking in the mountains and camping.

However, when fall rolls around, I get that feeling again of wanting to cozy up with a book rather than with my hiking boots. When the air turns cold, I find myself going through my closet to find a fleecy sweater that has been relegated to the back of the closet. The nesting times of fall and winter might be the best times to tackle that decluttering job, it's a job that can take place while you are inside, waiting for that storm to blow over.

But, in the meantime, let yourself have some summer fun and forget about the stuff for a while.

Photo by peasap/Flickr

No comments: